The following basic steps will get the app working on your device.
- After adding the camera to the web portal, on the web portal, specify admin and guest access codes.
- On your mobile device, download and install the Spartan Camera Management app from either Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Using the mobile app, authenticate to “hook” the app to your Spartan Camera account.
- For detail steps, please see this guide here: How to Set Up and Configure Premium
- On the web portal, set up both admin and guest access codes:
- Select MY CAMERAS > Mobile Access.
- Enter an Admin Access Code and (optionally, if you want to share pictures but not camera control with guests) a Guest Access Code. You can use different admin and guest access codes for different cameras or groups of cameras if you want to share access with different groups of people.
- Click the Update
- Make a note of your Account ID, the Admin Access Code and the Guest Access Code.
Account ID ______________________
Admin Access Code ______________________
Guest Access Code: ______________________
- On your mobile device, go to the appropriate app store and search for the “Spartan Camera Management” app. This is what the icons look like:
- Download and install the app.
- Launch the Spartan Camera Management app. Read the quick tip, then close it.
- To connect the app to your account:
- From the menu, tap Camera Management.
- Tap + to open the authentication dialog.
- Enter the Account ID and the Access Code (the admin code for your phone, guest code for people who you don’t want controlling the camera)
- Tap Add.
- Return to the main screen. If your phone is connected to WiFi, your pictures should appear.
- Check the following settings and change if appropriate:
- Tap the Menu
- Tap Mobile Settings.
- Under When New Photo is Available, you will probably want Automatically Download set to ON and Download Only When WiFi is Available set to OFF. If the WiFi setting is OFF, photos will download regardless of whether you are on WiFi or not, but be aware that photo downloads will use your device’s data allowance. Thumbnails are typically small, but if you download a lot of them and/or a lot of hi-res photos, this may be a consideration for you.
- Set Photos – Auto Purge Days to your desired value. This purges photos only from your device, not from the portal.