Follow these steps to set up Premium from the web portal:
- Register for an account on the web portal at www.spartancamera.com
- Log in to your email and click the activation link
- Activate your data plan by going to Subscription > Data service and click Add New Camera.
- Choose the plan you want and complete the checkout process.
- Using the camera: Verify that the camera is connected. Click Menu, scroll right to the Wireless menu. Scroll down to Diagnostics > Hello Test
**NOTE: If the Hello Test fails there is a problem with your data service. (You may not have completed the checkout process)
- Test that your camera is successfully transmitting photos: with the camera in live preview mode, press the OK button to take a picture, then press the OK button again to send. After a minute or so, please check the camera from the web portal to see that the photo successfully sent to your account.
Update camera settings settings on Premium web portal (some are optional):
- Select region and time zone: Select ACCOUNT > User Profile, select a region and a time zone then click Update.
- Verify you have premium credits: ACCOUNT > Premium Credit and verify that you have at least one credit. One free credit is added to your account each time you add a brand new camera.
- Input Email contacts: [optional] Select ACCOUNT > Email Delivery > Email Contacts, input one or more email addresses or phone numbers in email format then click Update.
- Set delivery options: [optional] Select MY CAMERAS > Email Delivery > Delivery Options and click (check) one or more email addresses for the selected camera then click Update.
- Turn on your camera and either do a walk test or put it in time-lapse mode to be sure that the photos are being sent.
- View your uploaded photos: Select CAMERAS > Photos. Refresh the browser periodically or as you receive emails.
- Request status report: While the camera is sending photos, request a status report. Select CAMERAS > Management. Click the Manage Camera box next to the camera and click Request Status. Refresh the browser periodically and click Command History to view the status of the requested actions.
- Change your camera settings: Send some updated settings to your camera. Select CAMERAS > Management. Click the Manage Camera box next to the camera, and click Change Settings to go to the Settings page. Set your settings then click the Schedule a Settings Update button.
Important: Each night the oldest photos (31 days and older) will be automatically purged from the server.