- Account Login
- Add New Camera
- Account Page
- ‘My cameras’ & ‘Shared Camera’
- Share Camera and Management
- 'Auto Purge' parameter changed
- Save favorite photos locally
- 'Take photo now' improved
- Hide Camera
- In-App credit purchase
- Status Report update & Firmware OTA
- Premium Expiration Status New!
- User Profile New!
- Push notification Filter (Android only) New!
1. Account Login:
When you open your app, it will ask you to log in with an email and password.
A. New Users
All users are required to register an account to use the Spartan Camera app. If you do not have an account, tap on the Register button to register a new account.
B. Existing Customers
If you have an email account for spartancamera.com, please proceed to login in with your credentials. Once logged in, all of the cameras on your account will show up in the Spartan Camera app Home page.
C. New & Existing Users
If on the old app, you had the Account ID and the Admin/Guest Access code of a camera, that was shared from someone else's account. Once you log in, that camera will be moved to the ‘Shared Camera’ tab on the Home page.
! Forgot Password
If you do not remember your password, you can reset it by tapping the ‘Forgot’ button on the login page. Then type in the email address of the account to receive a verification code. Next, the app will ask you to type in the verification code and a new password. Once done, tap ‘Submit’, and you'll be taken back to the login page.
2. Add New Camera:
Once you are logged in, the first thing you'll see is the Home page. Here’s where you can manage all of your cameras.
- To add a new camera, tap on the ‘+’ sign on the top-left corner.
- Next, input or scan in the IMEI / MEID [i] number.
- Based on the camera model, you will be prompted to purchase the appropriate data plan.
- Once you have verified the data plan is activated for the camera, in the next step, the app will ask for a registration code.
- Follow the instruction on the App to retrieve the registration code from the camera and type it in.
! After the camera is added, in the camera list, you have the option to delete the camera in the camera options menu.
3. Account Page:
Additional account access has been added to the App to give you more control while being away from your computer.
- Change Password - allow users to change the account password.
- Timezone - change the timezone for the account which is reflected in the Command History from the Status Report page.
Premium Credits [i]
- Check Credit - check remaining credit and credit history.
- Usage History - check credit usage history.
Share Camera Management
- Change the recipient's name
- Change access type
- Resend Invitation Link
- Delete recipient
4. ‘My cameras’ & ‘Shared Camera’:
On the Home page, where all the cameras are listed, to improve ease of managing multiple cameras, we separated the cameras on your account and the cameras that are shared to you into two sections.
- The cameras that are on your account are listed under the ‘My Camera’ list.
- The cameras that shared from other users are listed under the ‘Shared Camera’ list.
5. Share Camera and Management:
- Admin access has full access to all of the camera's functionalities.
- Guest access is limited to only view photos.
- Both are not allowed to delete the camera from the camera owner's account nor can they share the camera to another user.
A. Share Camera
You can now share any camera by tapping the ‘Share Camera’ option under the camera options menu. Simply type in the recipient's name and Email, select either Admin or Guest access, and then tap ‘Send Invite’.
The recipient will receive a confirmation link in their email. Tap the link to accept the shared camera, and it will show up on their app under the Shared Camera tab.
If they don’t have a Spartan Camera account, the link will direct them to the Spartan Camera website to complete the new user registration process. After their account is created and logged in the new app, the camera will be in the 'Shared Camera' tab.
The camera owner can manage the shared camera(s) by going to the Account tab and tap on ‘Shared Cameras Management’. The cameras you shared to others will be displayed on this page. You can tap on the camera to display the list of users that are sharing the camera, and here you can rename the shared user, change the access type, or swipe left delete the shared user.
Note: If there are no users shared to the camera, it will not show up in the Shared Camera Management list. The shared user email cannot be changed. You’ll have to set-up a new share for the new email addresses.
6. 'Auto Purge' parameter changed:
This feature has been updated to improve and stabilize app performance. The Auto Purge under the Setting tab is now set to purge every 30 days by default. The minimum and maximum purge days can be set will be between 1 to 30 days.
If you had previously set auto purge days between 1-30 days, then your setting will remain the same. Otherwise, it will default to 30 days.
Note: The days are counted from the day the photo was downloaded on to the app.
7. Save favorite photos locally
The ‘Save’ button will now save a copy of the image to your local storage to prevent loss of photos.
Note: Previously this was used to mark photos that users want to save from being Auto Purged.
The screenshot above is from an Android device. The saved photos on iOS App will be available through the Photo App.
8. 'Take photo now' improved:
In order to improve the functional efficiency, the “Take photo now” commands will be sent out via text messages by default. The “Take photo now” option will be hidden unless the following three requirements are met simultaneously.
- The Realtime function is turned on
- The camera phone number is typed in the camera setting
- No pending actions
Note: This function is only available on devices with Realtime feature.
9. Hide Camera:
To start, go to the Home page, press the edit button on the top right corner. Now you can select which cameras you want to hide. Once you selected the cameras, then press the Hide Camera button on the bottom of your phone.
Once the camera(s) is hidden, you can bring it back by going to your Account tab, and go to Hidden Cameras. In the Hidden Camera page, press the Unhide Camera button next to the camera you want to bring back. Here you'll be asked if you want to download the photos during the time the camera was hidden, by choosing one of the following three options:
- Yes - this will download all the photos*.
- Last 50 Photos - this will only download the latest 50 photos
- No - This will not download any of the photos during the time the camera was hidden, and only download photos that were sent in after it's unhidden.
10. In-App credit purchase:
To purchase Premium credits for your cameras, go to the Account tab > Premium Credits > Purchase Credits. Here you can enter the number of credits you want to purchase then hit the checkout button. The next page will show you a summary of your purchase, the total and the space to enter your payment card info. If you have made purchase previously, then your default card will show here. Press the PAY ($Total Amount) to pay for your purchase.
Once your payment is processed, you'll be shown a summary of your purchase, press Ok to close that page, and you'll be taken to the Usage History page, where it will show your recent purchase on the top.
11. Status Report update & Firmware OTA:
Status report page is getting a few new features and a UI update.
Status As Of - is moved to the top, so at a first glance, you'll know right away at what time your status report pertains to.
Command History - is now collapsed by default. On the Command History bar, you can tap on the arrow on the right to expand the list.
Camera IMEI/MEID - is moved down to its own labeled section.
Firmware OTA - You'll be able to schedule firmware updates from your app now!
ICCID* - The camera will be able to send ICCD of the SIM card that is in the camera- not applicable for CDMA (3G) devices.
Format SD card* - Skip the drive to your camera and set the camera to format SD card remotely.
*Currently only available for the following models: GC-A4Gb, GC-A4Gi, GC-E4Gb, GC-LR4b, GC-U4Gb, GC-Z4Gb, GC-Z4Gi. If your camera is listed here, make sure your firmware is updated to the 07/03/2019 version.
12. Premium Expiration Status
In the Home tab, next to your list of cameras, you'll see a ! mark next to any camera that no longer has access to premium. Tap on the icon, and it will give you instructions on how to restore premium for that camera.
13. User Profile
In the Account tab, in Account Options, you'll see User Profile, which replaced the previous Timezone setting. In the User Profile section, you can update your contact name, phone number, and timezone so our support can reach you when you submit a ticket.
14. Push notification Filter
This feature is currently only available on the Android platform. On the Setting tab, there's the section called Notification. Here you can turn on and off the notification for new photo alerts and status reports.
- Added Premium Expiration Status, User Profile, and Push notification Filter.
- Added Status Report UI update & Firmware OTA.
- Added Hide Camera and In-app credit purchase.
- Updating the app, photos downloaded within 30 days will stay on the app. If there are photos downloaded older than 30 days, the app will suggest the user to archive the photos to local storage. The user can either select Yes to proceed or No to delete those photos.
- The cameras that were used on the previous App will continue to be supported on the new app.
- If the user logs out and re-logs into a different account, the photos that were downloaded from the previous user's cameras will be deleted from the App. The photos that were 'Saved' to the local storage will not be deleted.