Spartan Camera’s Pre-purchased Data Plans are a type of plan you can buy before your camera ships to you. Once you receive your camera, you can activate the plan.
How does it work?
Pre-purchased Data Plans can be purchased through the Spartan Camera website with your camera or separately when you are waiting for your camera in the mail.
- Activate Pre-purchased Data Plan via the website
- Activate Pre-purchased Data Plan via the app
- Canceling a pre-purchased subscription
- Frequently Asked Questions
To activate the Pre-purchased Data Plan via the website:
- Log in to your account and click on the Camera Management tab at the top of your screen.
- Click on ‘Subscriptions’ and then click ‘Data Service’
- At the top of the Data Plans page, there's a Pre-Purchase Subscription section that will show all of the pre-purchased plans you have available. Click the + Activate Camera button on the top left of your screen to proceed.
- You will be prompted to input your camera’s IMEI/module ID and verify your ICCID. Please be sure to check your information for accuracy.
- You will be brought to the Shopping Cart page. Your cart will show the pre-purchased subscription information as well as your account default billing and payment information. You will not be charged for activating your pre-purchased subscription. Once you’ve acknowledged that the plan will automatically renew unless canceled, select Checkout.
- The Order Checkout page will be the last step before you submit the order. Feel free to go back and make any changes. If everything is correct, click the Submit button.
To activate the subscription via the app:
- Go to the app’s home page and click the + button in the top left corner of the screen.
- Enter the camera’s IMEI by scanning the IMEI barcode or manually inputting the IMEI.
- Once the IMEI and ICCID have been validated, open the drop-down menu under Wireless Plan, click the Select a pre-purchased plan option, and select the plan you want to activate. Then click Next.
- You will be brought to the Shopping Cart page. Your cart will show the pre-purchased subscription information as well as your account default billing and payment information. You will not be charged for activating your pre-purchased subscription. If any information is incorrect once you get to this page, you can go back and edit those items.
- The subtotal and total due today will be $0.00 as the plan has already been purchased. Once you’ve reviewed and agreed to the statements, check the checkboxes and then click the Submit button.
Canceling a pre-purchased subscription
To cancel your subscription, you would follow the same steps as canceling a shared data plan:
- Log in to your account on my.spartancamera.com.
- Click on the Camera Management tab at the top of the screen. Then, click on Subscriptions and then Data Service.
- Select the camera that you would like to deactivate and then click the Change Plan button.
- You can choose to either wait until the end of the plan cycle to cancel (Keep camera active until plan expires/Schedule Cancel) or cancel the plan immediately (Deactivate the camera right now/Cancel Now).
- Check for a scheduled cancellation or cancellation confirmation email. The email may take several minutes to appear. If you do not see this in your inbox, please check your spam folder.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. I want to activate a pre-purchased plan but the option is grayed out and I can’t click on it.
If the pre-purchased plan option is grayed out, this means that you do not have a pre-purchased plan on your account. If you did purchase a Pre-purchased Data Plan and it is not showing on your account, please contact our support team.
2. I received an email that my plan won’t auto-renew. Why is this?
All data plans will auto-renew. When there's no default payment information saved to your account, the data plan’s renewal charge will fail due to nonpayment. This causes the plan to be canceled.
Pre-purchased Data Plans do not require you to update your default payment info upon activation. If you do not have default payment information saved on your account, you will receive email reminders whenever the data usage reaches 50%, 75%, 90%, and/or 7 days before the plan's renewal date.
3. Can I buy multiple pre-purchased data plans?
Yes, but you can only activate one camera per subscription. You can add additional lines later through the normal add-a-line process.
4. Can pre-purchased subscriptions be refunded?
Yes, with exceptions. Pre-purchased Data Plans can be refunded so long as:
- A refund is requested within 30 days of the original purchase.
- The subscription has not been activated.
If the subscription has been activated or it is over 30 days from the date of the original purchase, the subscription cannot be refunded.
If you have any additional questions not covered in this article, contact us by calling 770-582-0004 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.