You may be able to work around (at least for now) the filtering of text pics to Verizon phones.
- If you don't already have a Gmail account, set up one. You can use an existing account and use a filter, but you may want to set up a special one so that only your pictures go to that account instead of being mixed up with your regular emails.
- Log in to your Gmail account.
- Click the Settings icon.
- Choose Settings from the drop-down menu.
Set up a forwarding address
- Choose Forwarding and POP/IMAP then click Add a forwarding address.
- Enter your phone's email address then click Next:
- Confirm the forwarding address by clicking Proceed.
- Click OK.
- Either click the link in the message on your phone:
or type the confirmation code and click Verify:
If you are using an account only for pictures
- Select Forward a copy of incoming mail..., choose the appropriate option for what to do with the original email, then click Save Changes (at the bottom of the dialog). You will probably want to either delete Gmail's copy or keep Gmail's copy in the Inbox.
If you are using an account that is also used for email, set up a filter
Disable forwarding is selected.
- Choose Filters and Blocked Addresses.
- Click Create a new filter.
- Type firstname.lastname@example.org for From then click Create filter.
- Check Forward it to:, then select your picture mail address (e.g., email@example.com) then click Create filter. You can also check Mark as read, Delete it, or any other options you choose.
Add Gmail address to camera or portal
- In the camera (Auto) or on the portal where you've been using your phone email address, enter your Gmail address; your pictures will go to both the Gmail account and to your phone.
Please sign in to leave a comment.