A bad or missing SD card can cause photos like these:
- Make sure there’s an SD card in the camera.
- The card must be 32 GB or less capacity.
- It is recommended that you use a Class 10 SD card, preferably 80 MB/s speed or faster. If no speed is shown, it may not be fast enough.
- The card must be standard-sized, not a microSD in an adapater.
- Make sure that the card is not locked.
- Format the card before you use it. (With the camera in setup mode, press the Menu button, scroll over to the third tab, then down to Format.)
- You may have to switch to a different brand of SD card.
Transmitted photos are like this because they haven’t been written to the SD card properly or perhaps not written at all.