Scheduled events are available only with Premium service.
Scheduled events are the way to have your camera touch base even when there’s nothing for it to photograph. You can schedule both status reports and photos. If your camera is in a low-traffic location where it is sending few motion-triggered photos, scheduled events provide additional opportunities for the camera to get your requests to change camera settings or transmit HiRes photos or videos.
By default, you will receive one status report a day. The only option you can change on that first scheduled event, a status report, is the time you receive it.
Events can be scheduled only on the hour and you can schedule only one event at a given time. That is, you cannot schedule both a status report and a photo at the same time.
Event photos are useful for several reasons.
- They confirm that your camera is in place and working. This is especially important if your camera is in a low-traffic area. It can also be useful to let you know if a critter has repositioned your camera.
- They give you an idea what the weather and conditions are like at the camera location. This is especially helpful if your camera is some distance away. You may find yourself feeling more connected to your camera location.
- Night photos allow you to monitor the battery power level and get a warning that it’s time to change the batteries before the camera dies. Therefore, it’s recommended that you schedule at least one night photo.
Event photos are marked with an E on the info strip.
Just as with any other camera settings, you can set events from both the app and the portal. These event settings for this camera include:
- the default Event 01 status report at midnight
- a status report at 3 AM (resets the clock when the time changes spring and fall)
- 7 AM status report (time to request videos and HD photos from overnight photos after getting up in the morning)
- 9 AM event photo
- noon status report
- 3 PM event photo
- 6 PM status report
- 9 PM event photo